Post-doc i Zürich
The Department of Chiropractic Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich and Balgrist University Hospital, seeks to fill the position of an International Chiropractic Research Fellow (Post-Doc).
This is a two to three-year position, depending on the candidate‘s preference, with the potential for subsequent career opportunities at the University of Zurich.
Our goal is to foster academic research in the field of chiropractic medicine and to strengthen the chiropractic research focus at the multi-disciplinary Balgrist University Hospital. We are promoting clinical or basic science research programs aimed at advancing the understanding of musculoskeletal pain conditions and/or chiropractic treatment mechanisms.
The International Chiropractic Research Fellow is offered the opportunity to work with the Integrative Spinal Research Group (https://www.balgrist.ch/forschung-lehre/forschung-chiropraktische-medizin/) of the Department of Chiropractic Medicine to develop his/her research program at the Balgrist University Hospital and the University of Zurich. The Balgrist University Hospital (https://www.balgrist.ch/) offers a unique setting for the study of musculoskeletal pain conditions and collaborative opportunities with related medical disciplines, including rheumatology, neurology, and orthopedics. Its research arm, the Balgrist Campus (http://www.balgristcampus.ch), is a multidisciplinary environment with research groups investigating musculoskeletal health problems from different angles. Experts come together from a large range of medical and non-medical fields, including neurosciences, health sciences, molecular biology, engineering, and robotics. The Balgrist Campus offers a modern state-of-the art work environment with several core facilities, such as human testing facilities, wet labs, a movement analysis laboratory, and MR imaging (3 and 7T).
– Completed education in Chiropractic or Chiropractic Medicine
– Completed PhD in a relevant discipline
– Publication record in peer-reviewed international journals
– Motivated to work in an interdisciplinary environment
– A three-year fully funded full-time post-doctoral research position (part-time possible)
– Work in a multidisciplinary team of chiropractors, physicians, neuropsychologists, physiotherapists and exercise scientists
– Interdisciplinary approaches to advance the research of mechanisms underlying musculoskeletal pain in the areas of biomechanics,
muscle- and neurophysiology and of chiropractic treatments
– Integration of Chiropractic Medicine in an University hospital and academic environment
Please send your application including personal statement, CV, and two reference letters to: email@example.com before February 29th, 2020. Earliest start date: June 2020